Friday, March 8, 2013

KBShimmer's Band Geek

Goooood morning!

So you all know this is a learning process, right?  Well this morning I learned that if you stand in your yard to take pics of a gorgeous polish that has two coats of Seche Vite on top of it you are going to end up with pics that look a little strange because the TREES are REFLECTING off the topcoat and making weird, tall streaks.  Ugggggh.  I ended up taking about 20 shots and deleting most of them because of this little error.  So I also took a few pics indoors to show off KBShimmer's Band Geek!

I have wanted this color for so long that I don't know why I waited!  I used three coats because I actually really wanted to see all the depth and layers of this jelly-like formula.  It has so many different sizes of silver, gold, and copper glitter that you really get the feel she was going for as far as band instruments!  None of the colors fail to pop out in the black base that was opaque at three coats.  I put one layer of SV on top and that was perfectly smooth on nine nails, so when I used the second coat on the tenth I could not refrain from retopping all of my nails just to add that extra depth and shine!  BAM!!!!  Check them out!





Go and see what other beauties are in store for you at KBShimmer!  She makes amazing bath and body products as well as nail polish.

Were you guys band geeks?  I played for a few years - guess which instrument?  I'll give you a hint: it was the shade of one of the lovely glitters in KBShimmer's Band Geek!

Also, I was thinking last night that I might want to do a few posts on some nail art I have done in the past - I can't guarantee you will be amazed by some of the photos, but I am really proud of some of the art I have done.... so is anyone interested in seeing those?  Thanks, as always!  Until next time!

2 comments:

  1. Pretty polish!! I love KBShimmer polishes but I have yet to try her bath and body products.

    Would LOVE to see your nail art pics!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I will definitely get some nail art pics up! I have so many new colors & supplies that I want to make new art too but I am so overwhelmed I don't know which idea to use! :D

      Delete