Saturday, May 11, 2013

Limited Edition Polish: Fruity Pebbles by A Girl Obsessed

I have on a combo that I absolutely adooooore!  A while back Sam of A Girl Obsessed created a neon glitter polish topper in her Etsy Shop called Fruity Pebbles which came with a disclaimer regarding fragile glitter.  Sam let us know that the glitter was breaking apart in a way that it looked just like Fruity Pebbles but it may be upsetting to some buyers - but not me!  I wanted this baby the second I saw it:
Gorgeous right?!  When I used the polish recently I could tell that the breakdown on the big hexes was pretty extreme; I have some clear glitters on my nails that you can see if you look very closely.  However, it definitely achieves the "fruity pebbles" effect and I honestly love the way it turned out on my nails!  I also wasn't sure what to use to show this polish off the way I feel it needs to be shown off, so I asked Sam what to use.  She recommended pastels, so I headed for my Sinful Colors Sugar Rush Collection to pick undies.

I started with my Orly Top and Bottom, then I used 2 coats of Sinful Colors Sweet Nothing, a gorgeous teal pastel shade.  This is one medium coat of Fruity Pebbles, mostly dabbed on.  I didn't really have to fish for the glitter, it came out pretty easily and went on smoothly.  I love the way there are random shapes of glitter because it's coming apart.  I think it really adds to the drama of the polish and the name just speaks for it perfectly!
This is my bottle of Fruity Pebbles, it's about a month old now.





 It's so bright and fresh!  It makes me soooo happy!  And I have gotten a lot of compliments on it. :)
What do you think?  Would you want a polish with glitter that is breaking down if it had just the right effect on the overall look?  Did you snag a bottle of Fruity Pebbles?  I would love to see your pics and hear what you think of this one!

You can find Sam's creations in her Etsy shop HERE, but hurry because she is temporarily closing the shop tomorrow!  She is very good about custom requests when she has a few spare minutes, as well!  Her dupes are super cute and her originals are never disappointing with a fresh pop of glitter combos so go check her out!

4 comments:

  1. Oohhh that is gorgeous! it almost looks like egg shell ;P x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, new reader here; turtlechick pointed me in your direction. :)

    This polish looks like a lot of fun! If I knew up front the glitter was iffy, I'd be okay with that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Karen! So happy to have you! :D Thanks for reading!!!
      I am really enjoying this polish - and I agree, it's totally ok if the creator is up front with ya. ;)

      Delete