Sunday, May 19, 2013

20% Cooler & Mermaid Spell

Hi, darlings! Thanks for hanging in there for me while I try to sort out a good balance for myself and the family while we run on less (minimal for me!) sleep.

Before I show you my mani here is a quick update, if you're interested! Baby E is doing so well! I am breastfeeding so I am usually feeding him every 2 hours and I'm so sleepy! But of course R is a big help and sometimes takes a night shift with a bottle. C is an amazing big sister! She is very attentive and helpful and always wants to hold the baby. E was a month old yesterday, you guys! Can you believe it?! I can't. If you are a FB friend of mine you have the pleasure of watching my babies grow! ;)

Ok, ok, on to business! The day before yesterday I was determined to wear Rainbow Honey's 20% Cooler from the Equestria Collection. It was a lemming of mine for a very long time and I finally got it from a blog sale a while back. I love this polish! I have no complaints about it at all. It's a mix of rainbow colored glitter in a very sheer blue base, just as it appears in the bottle. Application is super easy, no digging for glitter and it's easy to place evenly. This is one coat. I also used my usual G&G HK Girl top coat over the mani.

I wanted to put 20% Cooler over a similar blue base, and I chose to use Layla Hologram Effect #06, Mermaid Spell. I really wanted to see how the holographic undies would look with the array of glitter colors! Application for Mermaid Spell was miserable, you guys. The first coat practically didn't exist because it was so sheer. I let it dry - IT WAS DRY - and the second coat drug the first one around and created patches. UGGGH. Don't you hate when that happens? And then I dabbed & applied coat 3 to try to even it out and got the almost same results. Oh for crying out loud. So I gave up on it because I was putting that sheer blue based glitter on top. But I assure you I am holding a grudge. Also, if you did not have this problem or don't mind multiple layers of polish to reach opaqueness & want to buy (or swap) my Layla Holograms (I have 3, 1 unused) feel free to make an offer! I have other holos that impress me more. 



What do you all think of this mani?! Heck, comment me anything! I miss you ladies! What are you wearing on your nails? What is new in your world? Next post will be so fun: I am gonna try out my new polish from Glitter Guilty called Wonder Woman. It is sooooo pretty! Jess of Glitter Guilty did a spot on job with this creation for her mom for Mother's Day!

3 comments:

  1. Loved the blog! Isn't it sweet that your R and C are so loving and helpful? I remember well how attentive you were to your siblings, Ms. First-born!

    I'm wondering if you have changed your nail polish to the Wonder Woman yet! I think that's a fun color that I would love to borrow!

    And thanks for posting pictures on FB so I can see C and E even while I'm away!

    Love you all so much ~~~
    Mim

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks! I really liked the subtle holo under the glitter. So much happening, yet neither polish overwhelmed the other.

      Delete